Lawyer Lac Thi Tu Duy(Lac Duy)
Lac Duy & Associates Law Firm
(Lac Duy & Associates)
Has been participating in resolving and handling more than 1000 legal conflicts and disputes, with more than 15 years of experience working for two leading professional law firms in Vietnam.
Master of Laws in International Trade Law, Anglia Ruskin University, UK.
Bachelor of Commercial Law, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law.
Visiting lecturer at Judicial Academy in Ho Chi Minh City since 2017.
Member of the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association.
Lawyer Lac Duy is Managing Partner of Lac Duy & Associates Law Firm (“Lac Duy & Associates”), with more than 15 years of professional litigation experience in courts of all levels and commercial arbitration in many different dispute areas. Prior to establishing Lac Duy & Associates, Attorney Lac Duy used to be the Head of the Procedure Department of Phuoc & Partners, specializing in resolving labour, commercial, civil, marriage and family disputes. With outstanding achievements in coordinating teamwork and serious dedication to Phuoc & Partners, Lawyer Lac Duy was awarded a scholarship and successfully completed the Master of Laws training program, majoring in International Trade Law at Anglia Ruskin University (UK) in 2014.
Also, Lawyer Lac Duy is currently a visiting lecturer at the Judicial Academy, participating as the key speaker in many legal seminars and especially invited to lecture at the Vietnam Bar Federation (VBF) in Ho Chi Minh City to foster professional skills, knowledge for lawyers practicing across the country.
Practical Experience: With more than 15 years of professional experience, Lawyer Lac Duy has consulted and supported to resolve more than 1000 conflicts, legal disputes from consultation, pre-proceedings and proceedings in all level of courts and arbitration in Vietnam for a wide range of domestic and foreign corporate clients; successfully handling and resolving conflicts, disputes in the field of corporate operations, international trade, maritime, real estate, labour and other commercial business issues. Besides, Lawyer Lac Duy also specializes in assisting individual and institutional clients in settling labour disputes and marriage and family disputes (marital disputes). Outstanding corporate clients that Lawyer Lac Duy has participated in with legal advice and support are: Deutsche Bank, Medline Vietnam, UPL Vietnam, Cholimex, Puma – WorldCat, Mitsubishi Elevator Vietnam, EVN, Indofuels, Heineken Vietnam, Lazada, Bayer, The Fruit Republic, Vinacontrol…
Journalism activities: Lawyer Lac Duy has also contributed many articles discussing noted legal issues in Vietnam, published in prestigious newspapers and magazines such as Saigon Times and Asian Law Network:
- “CHARITY DRAMA”: Need to be transparent from a legal perspective https://lacduy-associates.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/NEWSLETTER-10_Final_E_NML.pdf
- 8-YEAR-OLD GIRL’S STORY: The pain of visiting children after divorce: https://lacduy-associates.com/cau-chuyen-be-gai-8-tuoi-noi-nhuc-nhoi-quyen-tham-con-sau-ly-hon/
- Dispute between Vinasun and Grab: May the buffalo sue the tractor? https://lacduy-associates.com/vietnam-may-the-buffalo-sue-the-tractor/?lang=en
- Dispute between Vinasun and Grab: awaiting the judge’s decision: https://lacduy-associates.com/vietnam-the-case-between-vinasun-and-grab-awaiting-the-judges-decision/?lang=en
- Typical dispute about NDA and NCA – Disputes arising from NDA – who volunteers to put “Wukong’s magical circlet” on? https://lacduy-associates.com/vietnam-disputes-arising-from-nda-who-volunteers-to-put-wukongs-magical-circlet-on/?lang=en
- Confusion Surrounding The Commitment Not To Work For Competitors: https://lacduy-associates.com/confusion-surounding-the-commitment-not-to-work-for-competitors/?lang=en
- Dealing With The Agreement Not Work For Competitors: https://lacduy-associates.com/dealing-with-the-agreement-not-work-for-competitors/?lang=en
- The efficiency of the Non-Disclosure Agreement in protecting business secrets: https://lacduy-associates.com/the-efficiency-of-the-non-disclosure-agreement-in-protecting-business-secrets/?lang=en
- “Battle” against plastic carrier bags: Experience from England: https://lacduy-associates.com/battle-against-plastic-carrier-bags-experience-from-england/?lang=en
- The Battle with plastic waste: Make good use of the tax “stick”: https://lacduy-associates.com/the-battle-with-plastic-waste-make-good-use-of-the-tax-stick/?lang=en
- When subsidiaries go bankrupt – can creditors “seek compensation” from parent companies? https://lacduy-associates.com/when-subsidiaries-go-bankrupt-can-creditors-seek-compensation-from-parent-companies/?lang=en
- From story of Ba Huan – VinaCapital: Discussion of contract language disputes
Publication activities: Lawyer Lac Duy is the author and co-author of many legal publications and textbooks such as:
- Ask Whom When Facing Difficulties In Divorce
- Judicial Academy curriculum: “Lawyer Skills of Legal Consultancy and Participation in out-of-court Dispute Settlement” in 2019
- “Transnational Litigation Guide” / Vietnam chapter – Chapter 23 of 2018 and
- “Transnational Litigation Guide” / Vietnam chapter – Chapter 23 of 2017 was published by the Center for International Legal Studies – CILS/the Center – a non-profit law research, training, and teaching institute, established and operating as a public interest society under Austrian law.
Speech Activities: Lawyer Lac Duy was honored to be invited to be the main speaker at many legal seminars held with the participation of many famous lawyers in the industry, typically:
- Topic: “Practice for nearly 2 years Labor Code 2019 applied: Lawyer skills when consulting and resolving labor disputes for clients” held by Vietnam Bar Federation in December 2022;
- Training Course in Law: “Handling labor discipline is both “reasonable” and legal” held by Vietnam Human Resources – VNHR on August 2022;
- “Policy and life” program with the theme “Do not let children be abused” broadcast on HTV9;
- “Vietnam Labour Law Conference 2022” organized by the Vietnam Human Resources Association (VNHR) in May 2022;
- “Policy and life” program with the theme “Raising children after divorce” broadcast on HTV9;
- Seminar “Labor training for businesses in the context of post-lockdown due to Covid-19” held by VCCI in November 2021;
- Online seminar: “The “soft” and “hard” reducing labor solutions to help businesses cope with the impact of revenue reduction from Covid-19″ held by Mekong HR Hub in October 2021;
- Training Course On Labor Law: “Updating Labour Law 2021” held by Vietnam Human Resources – VNHR on October 2021;
- Online Seminar: “The employer terminates the Labor Contract for restructuring reasons, economic reasons as prescribed by the Labor Code 2019” held by Vietnam Human Resources Association (VNHR) in August 2021;
- “Vietnam Labour Law Conference 2021” organized by the Vietnam Human Resources Association (VNHR) in May 2021;
- Topic: “Skills of Lawyers when participating in civil litigation in Court” held by Vietnam Bar Federation in April 2021;
- Training Course On Labor Law: “Updating Labour Law 2021” held by Vietnam Human Resources – VNHR on April 2021;
- Seminar: “Resolving labor disputes under the influence of Covid 19 – New highlights of the Labor Code 2019” held by Lac Duy & Associates in December 2020;
- Topic: “New points of the Labour Code 2019” for the Vietnam Business Lawyers Club (VBLC), held in Ho Chi Minh City in October 2020;
- Online seminar: “Labour solutions to cope with Covid-19” for Human Resources Managers and Corporate Managers in September 2020;
- “Vietnam Labour Law Conference 2019” organized by the Vietnam Human Resources Association (VNHR) in July 2020;
- Topic: “New points of the Labour Code 2019” for Lawyers organized by the Vietnam Lawyers Training Center in coordination with the Representative Office of Vietnam Bar Federation in Ho Chi Minh City in June 2020;
- Online seminar: “Organizational restructuring to leap after Covid-19” for Human Resources Managers and Corporate Managers in May 2020;
- Workshop: “The Human Resources Problem before 2020 – Problems & Solutions” organized by the Vietnam Human Resources Association (VNHR) in Can Tho City in December 2019;
- Topic: “Lawyer skills when participating in consulting, resolving labour disputes and noteworthy issues” organized by the Vietnam Lawyers Training Center in cooperation with the Representative Office of Vietnam Bar Federation in Ho Chi Minh City in 2019;
- Topic: “Regulations of the Labour Code on labour contracts – Labour discipline – foreign employees in Vietnam and practical application. Skills in consulting and resolving labour issues within the enterprise” organized by the Vietnam Lawyers Training Center in coordination with the Representative Office of Vietnam Bar Federation in Ho Chi Minh City in 2018.
Language: Vietnamese and English